Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What can you say about Christmas?

So, today I was on my way to the dump.  Not really a Christmas Eve tradition, but then, not much of our lives today hearkens to the traditions of Christmas.  I turned on the radio, and was surprised by what I heard.  My local little new station in Port Angeles had apparently taken the day off, and some canned program of Christmas carols was on.  I did a double take, if you can do that aurally?  

The song that was playing, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, sung by Frank Sinatra- iconic.  I guess I had already been softened up by seeing a replay of White Christmas last night on TV.  Well.  All of a sudden my thoughts were completely overtaken by memories of Christmas.  The kids, my folks, my brothers and cousins.  What joy I have been fortunate to experience!  

No comments: