Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fried food can hurt!

If you ask me that old question: "Suppose you could only eat one food, what would it be?" I always answer: "French fries!" there is no hesitation.

But lately fries have been subverted. Oh, they are still light, crispy sticks of golden goodness. The flavor continues to be the best culinary creation readily a available to the common man. But distorted gastronomical fashion now leads some places to use peanut oil. Five Guys, I mean you.

Perhaps they are unaware, but peanut allergy is now also all the rage. I was an early adopter, starting in 1954.

What this means is that 12 hours after eating peanut oil fries, I am doubled over in pain as my body attempts to eliminate what is poisoning it. Don't get me wrong, this is infinitely preferable to the anaphylactic results that come from eating part of a peanut.

But seriously, a warning would have been nice.  Or maybe all the peanuts all over the place was my warning?

No comments: