In a paraphrase of Horace Greeley, my best advice for those seeking a career is to go to Washington, DC that is. "Swimmin pools, movie stars". Government is where its at for anyone seeking a career in the preeminent growth industry of our time. Its not Democrat power, its not Republican power, I'm talking about green power! Money- M-O-N-E-Y!
Professor Matthew Perry, of the U of Michigan, Flint, posted some neat, simple charts that illustrate the point on his blog, Carpe Diem. Follow the link I munificently provide, and check it out.
Then start asking yourself, how you can get into the best business model ever:
- Elitist benefits package,
- Revenue streams dictated by fiat: need more revenue? Print it or confiscate it!
- Marketing replaced by imposed demand: Need to increase demand? Legislate!
- Competition squelched by bureaucracy
- R&D costs replaced by junkets and lobbyists
- Quality shmality! Who's gonna expect anything of value from you?
Power, prestige, and a business climate operating under the rules of Bizzaro World!