Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Retirement Part One

The core of Exechobo is explaining my iconoclastic nature to the world (or the few who read it), and therefore, myself.

When I was in 4th grade, my best friends were chatting about what we REALLY wanted to be. I said "Writer". I wrote a lot then, and got rewarded with good grades. How nice. Later, it was suggested that your humble blogger NOT consider making a living writing. Fair enough. But...thanks to the internet, I can do as I damn well please! Ha!

What's the "So what?"? This- I can write this blog because I have the time, and the priorities of life permit this to be among them. It is a side benefit of retirement. There is an abundance of time when one retires, and in some cases, a feeling that one has something to say. And a hope that the saying will be of benefit. So why write Part One of this retirement saga 4 years after the fact? Perspective, of course.

The story of my sojourn into the latter phases of Baby Boomer life begins with work.  It is fitting that a Boomer should begin to define a life transition with the pursuit of money.  I will go into some detail about working, motivation, and mistakes.  Then money redemption.  Then planning, one of my favorite passtimes.  Then come up to date with how its goin'.

No comments: